Thank you for your interest in our community!
We love Lynnwood and all the people that make us a community. We are proud to be part of a neighborhood that believes in people and takes steps to help each other during difficult times.
If you are currently looking to help our neighbors and serve our community, we are happy to help you reach those goals. Check out our pages that share our needs and how to become a volunteer.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing our love of our community.
CORNA VIRUS UPDATE 5/14/2021
See slide show below!
Current Mask Policy:
Lynnwood Food Bank continues to require masks worn while on the property. As you might be fully vaccinated, the policy at the Food Bank continues the value of protecting those that are not yet protected.
Remember, even if you are vaccinated, you can still be a carrier of COVID to those that are not vaccinated.
Thank you for your patience and we will let you know when our policy changes. Thank you!
Mondays - closed
Wednesdays 11am - 5pm
Fridays 10am - 1pm
Lynnwood Food Bank is currently on campus at Edmonds College serving EC students and staff on Thursdays 1-3pm.
Following our commitment to continue to serve the community while taking the necessary precautions to protect our customers and volunteers, we will be altering the method we use for distributing food.
- Please do not arrive at the Food Bank before 10:30am on Wednesdays or 9:30am on Fridays. We would also appreciate if your trunk was clear for groceries prior to your arrival. Volunteers will put your groceries in your trunk but they will not put them inside your back seats.
- When you arrive at the Food Bank, please park where the volunteers direct you. We will be using 'ferry lane' style parking.
- Please remain in your vehicle, a volunteer will approach your car with a number on a post-it note and stick it to your car.
- A volunteer will approach your vehicle when it is your turn, please place your ID up to the window and the volunteer will communicate your information and requests to a volunteer inside the Food Bank.
- A volunteer will then bring your groceries and place them directly in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Access to the building will be limited to volunteers and donations.
- There will be no access to our restrooms at this time.
- If you are walking to the Food Bank, please do not come within 6 feet of other customers or volunteers while we process your grocery order.
- Thank you for your patience as we work to serve our community!
- Grocery Rescue/ Drivers for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Pasta, tomato sauce, macaroni & cheese, canned fruit
- Beginning in January we will need two teams of two to delivery groceries to home bound individuals on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Beginning in January we will need a small team to distribute groceries off site on Saturday mornings in South Lynnwood.
Mondays 8am - 2pm
Tuesday 8am - 2pm
Wednesday 8am - 6pm
Thursdays 8am - 12pm
Fridays 8am - 2pm
Currently closed Saturday and Sunday.
Grocery Rescue position information:
Grocery Rescue is one of the most important parts of our operation. A large of the food that we distribute each week comes from the donations made by our local grocery stores. We are currently serving an average of 1,100 families and 3,400 individuals with groceries each month and we are proud of the large percentage of fresh food that we are able to provide.
Representing the Lynnwood Food Bank, visit various grocery stores to pick up donations to the food bank. While at the grocery store, sort the donations into various categories, weigh the donations on the portable scale, and complete documentation for the grocery store management. Transport the food back to the food bank and store appropriately in dry, refrigerated, or frozen storage. Provide appropriate paperwork to the food bank director.
- Be over 18 years of age to assist, 21 years of age to drive
- Have a valid driver’s license to drive, valid identification to assist
- Have a good driving record for driving
- Be able to bend
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds, 50 pounds with partner-lift
Mondays 9am - 2:30pm; non-driving partner
Tuesdays 9am - 2:30pm; non-driving partner
Wednesdays 8am - 1pm; non-driving partner
Thursdays 8am - noon; non-driving partner
Friday 8am - noon; driving and non-driving partner
Saturday 9am - noon; driving and non-driving partner
If interested in participating in our Grocery Rescue program, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 425-745-1635. Thank you!