Lynnwood is the most diverse city of Snohomish County and Lynnwood Food Bank serves a large and diverse population. We believe that culture should be both respected and celebrated as diversity makes us better.
We also recognize that racial inequality is one of the root causes of poverty and food insecurity. Although we cannot solve the world's problems, our actions do make a small difference and that is our goal.
With nutrition education that has a focus on culture and culturally traditional foods, we hope that we can make a difference in the health disparity along racial and socio- economic lines. We are making efforts to provide nutrition education in Korean, Vietnamese, Spanish, Amharic, Arabic, Russian, and Ukraine. These programs take time and volunteers from our community. If you are willing and able to contribute to translation services, we would appreciate your volunteer time.
Despite the issues with the supply chain, which are heavily affecting our supply, we are offering traditionally cultural food from the following regions: Latin, Asian, African (Western and Eastern), Middle Eastern, and Slavic. Donations of food from these areas are always welcome, along with low-sodium foods, gluten free, and sugar free.
As I mentioned, change doesn't happen overnight, not even at the food bank. Our goals are to be consistent in our actions and to continue learning and improving ourselves and our programs. If you want to be a part of our small movement, we welcome you with open arms. If you want to support our diverse community, you have so many options in how to do so, your time, talents and resources are an amazing gift. Thank you.
If you are an immigrant
- You are welcome at Lynnwood Food Bank and we appreciate that you are willing to trust us to serve you.
- If you do not have ID, that is okay, we will still serve you.
- You do not have to share your information with us, we will still serve you. However, if you share your information with us, your information is safe and confidential. We will not share your information with any other person or organization including the government.
- Our statistics reports include the number of households we serve, the number of people that we serve in age groups; 0-2, 3-18, 19 - 54, 55+, and if you live in the city, out of the city, or out of the county.
If you are LGBTQ+
- You are welcome at Lynnwood Food Bank. We are a diverse group of volunteers and we welcome you to our organization as customers and/or volunteers.
- Please consider LFB a safe space.