Thank you for your interest in our community!
We love Lynnwood and all the people that make us a community. We are proud to be part of a neighborhood that believes in people and takes steps to help each other during difficult times.
If you are currently looking to help our neighbors and serve our community, we are happy to help you reach those goals. Check out our pages that share our needs and how to become a volunteer.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing our love of our community.
We follow the Edmonds School District school closure and late start schedule for the safety of you and our volunteers. Our Facebook page will always have the morning update if there is snow or ice on the ground. Please check there, thank you!
No closures for New Years
CORNA VIRUS UPDATE 5/14/2021
Current Mask Policy:
Lynnwood Food Bank continues to require masks worn while on the property. As you might be fully vaccinated, the policy at the Food Bank continues the value of protecting those that are not yet protected. Volunteers are also coming into contact with approximately a thousand people per week, and wearing our masks is also our commitment to protect you from all the people we come into contact with.
Thank you for your patience and we will let you know when our policy changes. Thank you!
Wednesdays 11am - 5pm
Fridays 10am - 1pm
SCHEDULE for FOOD TRUCK
Thursdays 1-3pm at Edmonds College
Saturdays 10:15am - 11:15am at Whispering Cedars Apartments
See the "Find Help" section for details.
We currently do not have the capacity for delivery, please see our Food Truck schedule above.
Following our commitment to continue to serve the community while taking the necessary precautions to protect our customers and volunteers, we will be altering the method we use for distributing food.
- Please do not arrive at the Food Bank before 10:30am on Wednesdays or 9:30am on Fridays. We would also appreciate if your trunk was clear for groceries prior to your arrival.
- Please wear a mask during face-to-face interactions with the volunteers.
- When you arrive at the Food Bank, please park where the volunteers direct you. We will be using 'ferry lane' style parking.
- Please remain in your vehicle, a volunteer will approach your car with a number on a post-it note and stick it to your car.
- A volunteer will approach your vehicle when it is your turn, the volunteer will take your order and another volunteer will shop per your requests.
- A volunteer will then bring your groceries and place them directly in the trunk of your vehicle. Have bags or boxes in your trunk for us, please.
- If you are walking, please wait in the 'walk-up' section, chairs are available. A volunteer will approach you for your order.
- Thank you for your patience as we work to serve our community!
- Grocery Rescue/ Drivers for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Food: Pasta, rice, peanut/nut butter, shelf stable milk, breakfast foods, canned tomatoes. Fresh fruits, vegetables, frozen meats.
- Culturally traditional foods of Latin countries, Korea, Vietnam, Russia, Ukraine, the Middle East and Eastern Africa.
- Non-food: diapers size 5 or 6, diaper wipes, laundry detergent, liquid dish soap
Office and Donation Schedule
Mondays 8am - 2pm
Tuesday 8am - 2pm
Wednesday 7am - 6pm
Thursdays 8am - 12pm
Fridays 8am - 2pm
Currently closed Saturday and Sunday.
Grocery Rescue position information:
Grocery Rescue is one of the most important parts of our operation. A large of the food that we distribute each week comes from the donations made by our local grocery stores. We are currently serving an average of 2,458 families and 8,675 individuals with groceries each month and we are proud of the large percentage of fresh food that we are able to provide.
Representing the Lynnwood Food Bank, visit various grocery stores to pick up donations to the food bank. While at the grocery store, sort the donations into various categories, weigh the donations on the portable scale, and complete documentation for the grocery store management. Transport the food back to the food bank and store appropriately in dry, refrigerated, or frozen storage. Provide appropriate paperwork to the food bank director.
- Be over 18 years of age to assist, 21 years of age to drive
- Have a valid driver’s license to drive, valid identification to assist
- Have a good driving record for driving
- Be able to bend
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds, 50 pounds with partner-lift
Wednesdays 9am - 1pm; non-driving partner
Thursdays 9am - 1pm; driving and non-driving partner
Friday 9am - 2pm; non-driving partner
Saturday 9am - 1pm; non- driving partner
If interested in participating in our Grocery Rescue program, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 425-745-1635. Thank you!